Monday, January 28, 2008

In Memory

As we learned of the passing of our beloved Prophet and President of our church, Gordon B. Hinckley, at age 97, we are deeply saddened, as he was the only living Prophet that I have ever known. I will miss his conference talks because his messages, how simply they may have been put, had a deeply great message to apply to our everyday lives. How great to know though, that he has been reunited with his Wife, past Prophets, Our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I only wish that my conversion to the Church was sooner so that I could have listened to many other of his wonderful talks. I am grateful that our last meeting of Sunday in Relief Society was from this remarkable mans conference talk, being slow to anger. I pray now to learn more of this great man and of his work, for his family and friends during this difficult time, for his counselors and The Quorum of the Twelve, and for all of our brothers and sisters as we morn this beloved, man, Prophet, and President of our Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

3 Comments:

At January 28, 2008 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Carrie Godfrey said...

such nice words. I feel the same way. Thanks Michelle!

 
At January 29, 2008 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Dave and Britt said...

When I first heard of his passing I was hit with such mixed emotions. I was sad, of course, that we were losing him. Yet I was so happy for him. He lived a very good and full life. I was only in 5th grade when he became prophet so he is the only one I really have clear memories of. I truly have a testimony that he was a true prophet of God. He will be missed. I loved your post michele, it was beautiful!

 
At January 29, 2008 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Dave and Britt said...

I forgot, I wanted to ask you, when you come in march will you scrapbook Ali's blessing page for me. It was such a special day in her life and I am so intimidated to scrapbook it. I just keep putting it off. I just want it to be such a nice page ya know. You have just such an amazing talent in that area. Of course, I can get you any of the supplies you will need. I know its a weird request and you may be to busy anyway. Just thought I would run it by you hehe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home