Friday, September 21, 2007

Autumn Splendor

You wouldn't know it by this gorgeous fall day, but the last few days have been cold & dreary as the last of the summer sun turns into the crisp golden colors of Fall. This is my favorite time of year & I was itching to decorate, since last year at this time, we were just moving into our new home, so no time for decorations when you're still unpacking the necessities.
Wednesday night I got out all of our Halloween decorations & went to town, with Logan under foot like a kid in a candy store. He though was thinking about Christmas more than Fall & Halloween. He is such an amazing little boy, the twinkle always in his eyes the pure joy & wonder in every thing he does.

So all that was left, decoration wise, was to make our anual trip to Benson's Nursery to gather our pumpkins. I'm sure some of you are saying, already. I'll have you know this is the best place in town to get pumpkins, in a patch sort of atmosphere, & you get there early if you want larger ones to carve. We ended up with six for our front porch and the most amazing pictures again.







I love the apple trees, the flowers, pumpkins, & vegetables. They are also famous for there sweet corn, which today happened to be there last day for some. We spent some time just taking in the crisp breeze & the warmth of the last of the summer sun. What another perfect day with my son. Enjoy the miraculous change of weather and glorious colors that this time of year offers.















Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 21, 2007 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Dave and Britt said...

You said it, I absolutly adore fall. Its my favorite time of year too. Loved the pics. Logan is so photogenic!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home