Friday, August 29, 2008

The Yellow Nightmare



Ok, so it was the first full day of school yesterday for my boy. Getting on the Bus was the easy part, it was getting off that didn't go so well. After parent teacher meeting last night I got the entire story. His teacher told him to stand in a certain line to get on his afternoon bus, well my little social butterfly was talking to whom ever & got on there bus. It's a bus right, they must all go to my house, he assumes or doesn't, who knows what's in his 5 year old mind. His teacher does see this & physically puts him on the right bus. However, I'm watching all the kids get off & no Logan. The bus driver must have thought I was crazy, do you have one more, LOGAN, he yells back, still nothing, me panicking, can I get on the bus, I'm not a crazy person, although I was getting there rather quickly, there he is talking away. Then as we walk home I realize no lunch sack, no coat, no umbrella.......ugh. He has no clue , at school, on the bus, could have dropped it.....way to young to get on that huge yellow nightmare that he'll eventually realize that it's not that great, riding the bus that is. So, we have the long talk about who he gets off & on the bus with, he knows quite a few kids, so hopefully. And hopefully his things will turn up, at least I have him though. I just put him on the bus again this morning so hopefully things will go better, because so far this is more stress then having him all day!

4 Comments:

At August 29, 2008 at 9:39 AM , Blogger The 5 Hirning's said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At August 29, 2008 at 9:40 AM , Blogger The 5 Hirning's said...

am realizing too that I need to really explain everything to Benjamin and not assume anything. He got off at a different spot yesterday than Jake and I was freaking a little too wondering where my boy was. But then he came bounding down the sidewalk all happy and excited at the next stop. But I should also note he wasn't excited to see me, he was excited to see all the other boys in the 'hood and wanted to play. No time for dear old mom anymore...

 
At August 29, 2008 at 9:40 AM , Blogger The 5 Hirning's said...

I deleted that first comment. I had accidently put that he was excited to see me and that wasn't the case...AT ALL!!!

 
At August 29, 2008 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Brittney said...

hehe, oh man, I really shouldn't laugh, I know I will have my own school adventures one day, but that Logan, he is so stinkin cute and funny!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home